The Beaphar Gentle Leader® stops pulling on the leash. The Gentle Leader® is a patented head collar recommended by veterinarians, dog trainers and dog behaviorists around the world. Its unique design ensures that the dog's natural instinct is stimulated to stop unwanted behavior. The Beaphar Gentle Leader® is adjustable, allowing the strap to fit perfectly and not slip off the nose.
How it works. All dogs instinctively pull on a regular dog leash. The back pressure from the leash causes the dog to pull more and more. The Beaphar Gentle Leader® prevents this behavior in three unique steps:
1. When pulling, the pressure of the leash moves to the back of the neck, causing the dog to relax. This natural reaction is also created when the mother carries a puppy by the neck skin.
2. The slight pressure of the Beaphar Gentle Leader® on the upper nose creates a reflex, causing the dog to relax immediately.
3. Works similar to a halter around a horse's head (the body follows the nose).
- Small: Westie, Yorkshire Terrier, Jack Russell, Poodle, Lhasa Apso. Also suitable for medium/large puppies.
- Medium: Labrador, Cocker & Springer Spaniels, German Shepherd, Boxer, Retriever, Dobermann, Staffordshire Bull Terrier.
- Large: Large German Shepherd, Large Labrador, Rottweiler, Great Dane, Newfoundlander.
Females and young dogs may need a smaller size than shown above
Directions for use
Full product information, instructions for use and training advice are in the enclosed booklet.
Soft-touch, sturdy nylon fabric.
This article has no reviews yetCreate your own review